Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Some newer pieces

 Good morning! After getting a bunch of snowfall here, I thought it would be nice to share a couple pieces I've been working on recently that have snow in them. One I sold this past weekend (yay!) and the other is still available.

I created some watercolour Christmas cards a while back and have been considering doing some again. I think this is one that I would like to use for such a thing:


"Robin on the Mistletoe" - $75, h/w: 6 3/4” x 8 5/8” (SOLD)

I've been wanting to explore chalk in more depth recently, using multiple colours instead of a simple tonal range, and this is the first one I've done where I dove into using as many colours/tones as I felt was necessary. I really like the result and am excited to do more in the future! I also loved the colours in the original photo I referenced - the blues and purples next to the browns of the deer itself. What do you think?

 
"Snowy Doe" - $60, h/w: 10 7/8” x 8 3/4”

No comments:

Post a Comment