Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas painting....

Hi again!

This is one of a series of paintings and drawings that I did this past Christmas for presents. I found out that the person I painted this for had a love for goldfish. They had had pet goldfish over the years, and the effort that they took to take care of them was more than I had ever experienced, and I am a big animal person myself.
Here is a pic of it in the frame :

I know the colour of the frame is not so complimentary to the colours in the painting, but sometimes you have to use what you have!
I used watercolour pencils to sketch this guy out first, and then added a bit of water here and there to blend it - this was the first time I'd used watercolour pencils in a painting before, and I loved it! I'll probably do more like this in the future sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment