Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hi all!
I'm starting up this blog to have a place to post some of my paintings and drawings online, to showcase my art, with the hope of someday professionally selling my pieces and bringing in some more commissioned work. I have painted in watercolour for almost 20 years, creating presents for people, and have even done a couple commissioned pieces. But, I have been terrible at documenting my paintings, and so it has been difficult to 'sell' my skills. I want to try to change this by starting this blog. I also have started painting more frequently, and have found the pleasure it brings helpful in focusing my energy in other areas - my work (animation) has been easier to complete, and I have found more enjoyment in simple acts, like cleaning the house.
My purpose for posting my work online is to hopefully showcase what I am capable of, and allow people to hire me by commission to paint portraits, etc. and start a personal career doing fine art.

I'll start this blog with a painting that I did around 9 years ago, for someone who was very special to me. They had a love of lions, and so I painted this for them.

Here is a picture of the painting itself :

and here is one of it framed :

It's quite a large piece, measuring about 3' by 2' or so.
I hope to paint many more on this scale in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment