Thursday, January 20, 2011

My beloved puppy!

This is a painting of my parents' dog, Chelsea, who just passed away a couple of months ago. She was the first dog I ever had, and my daughter grew up with her (she was only one yr old when my daughter was born). This is a belated Christmas present for my mom and dad, and they haven't actually seen the painting yet (I'll be mailing it next week!), so this is a sneak preview ;)



The painting will be matted in a bit (the picture captures too much on the right side). It would also be nice to get a better quality photo of it, as my little digital camera isn't all that great. Maybe once it arrives out home, my parents can take a better one with their super-deluxe cameras! I'll repost it later if they do :)
I'm also wondering if it would be helpful if I post the original pictures that these paintings are based on, for reference for anyone who's interested in hiring me to paint a picture for them. Any comments or suggestions about this are appreciated! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment