Thursday, September 7, 2023

 I'm getting both excited and nervous!! There's a contest coming up this weekend, for artists to come to the Smiths Falls Heritage House museum and Old Sly's Locks and create a piece of art to be displayed in the museum. It is a timed contest, starting at 9am on Saturday and ending at 4pm on Sunday. The artwork has to be created on site. I've signed up and am ready to start painting - let's hope the weather is kind to us!

There are some hydrangea bushes growing alongside the museum that I'm thinking I might be painting :) I'll be using acrylic, which is something I feel I'm still catching my stride in. I'm excited for the challenge, and to paint outdoors.

They'll be announcing the winner the afternoon of Sunday the 17th, then the exhibition will be up for all to see. Once it's all done, I'll post the final image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment