Monday, September 11, 2023

 So, the contest went well....overall :P 


I've not done any acrylic painting outdoors before, so I was surprised to find that once the sun hit me, the paint I was using just dried up SO FAST O.o  It was super challenging to mix the paint I needed and use it before it was too dry to use. Plus, I've learned more about different kinds of acrylics, how some types have much more pigment than others. I knew that some colours seem much denser with their pigment, but I didn't realize that switching from a type of one brand name to another type of the same name brand would make that much of a difference.

After Saturday's paint, I felt very discouraged. I felt that I wasn't going to finish my piece in time, and therefore I would be putting a very unfinished piece of art into the final gallery. But, I've learned that I truly need to "trust the process" and I feel that the final piece is pretty close to what I had intended to paint :)

Let me know what you all think! This piece will be on display at the Smiths Falls Heritage House Museum starting Sunday, September 17 at 1pm (for a month, I believe). There was an amazing turn-out of artists and an incredible amount of truly beautiful pieces - I don't envy the judges on how they will be making their decision on who won! (*excuse the poor photo - I'll have a nicer one later!)

"Hydrangeas" - acrylic on canvas, on sale for $285 (16"x24")


No comments:

Post a Comment