Sunday, September 17, 2023

I WON! :D

 I WON!! :D

My piece was chosen to win the Rideau Artist of the Year contest in the "Intermediate" category (for adults). It is now on display at the Heritage House Museum in Smiths Falls in their gallery upstairs, for the next month. If you're in the area, feel free to stop by - there are a lot of amazing pieces and I feel very honoured to have mine chosen as the winner! I received a $1000 prize and a beautiful bouquet! :)

I'm changing the name of the painting to be "Joyce's Hydrangea", as I learned the story behind that particular plant. There was a council woman in Smiths Falls by the name of Joyce who passed and their son (also a councilman in Smiths Falls) donated a hydrangea in her memory to the museum....and my painting was the very same hydrangea. Her son saw the painting and shared the story with one of the people who were running the event/competition, who then shared the story with me - I was so touched, I felt it needed to be renamed :)

This is the pamphlet showing the two winners of the competition:
(*They spelled my last name wrong, but the name is correct on the name tag on the wall)


No comments:

Post a Comment